Tech the giants use. Now available to everyone.
Census Block Group Technology
Ever heard of a Census Block Group? Most people haven’t. Let us show you how Locate’s Census Block Group Technology is radically changing Location Strategy for the better.
The Magic that happens behind every Locate™ Product
Census Block Groups (CBGs) are the smallest geographical unit used by the US Census Bureau and provide true market reflection by incorporating neighborhoods, natural areas, and geographical boundaries.
Locate sums the number of practitioners and demographic factors for all Census Block Groups in your search area to deliver unmatched accuracy.
- There are a total of 239,780 CBGs in the USA.
- Each CBG includes a population of only 600 – 3,000 people.
- A typical suburban area in a 30-Minute Drive Time Search Area contains 200-600 CBGs.
Even more precision
Locate’s Platform allows for Partial CBGs which are the percentages that fall within the boundary of the search area. This means even more precision in finding the best locations to get you in the best market and in front of your ideal clients.
Example of a single Census Block Group within a search area.
Why not Zip Codes?
- Zip Codes are artificially defined boundaries created by the Post Office.
- They are irregular in shape and often too large.
- They show no actual relevance to true market behavior or information.
Fact: There are a total of 27,797 zip codes in the USA.
Why not Concentric Circles?
- Concentric Circles are artificially defined six-mile diameter search areas that are placed edge to edge on a grid without overlap.
- They provide data from areas that are much too large that have no relevance to true market information.
- This results in a small number of potential locations being researched.
Fact: Each concentric circle covers approximately 28 square miles.
Helping businesses and communities thrive.
Locate™ is an independent, unbiased Location Strategy consulting firm helping practitioners, businesses, and communities to thrive. Established in 2010.
David James, CPA
Director of Operations
Director of Sales and Marketing
Not sure where to start?
Our Quick Start quiz will take you through the questions needed to gather the information we need to bring you the location strategy that will fit your unique situation. Let’s get started!